Our after-school enrichment science program introduces kids to an array of scientific experiments and concepts with fun hands-on activities. Our curriculum is designed for kids ages 6 – 12 years old and based on ideals practiced in life skills programming.
Pickup Available @ 3:20 pm -3:30 pm from:
- Hawthorne/Essex/Elementary School Catholic Du Sacré-Coeur
- Hillcrest Community School
In-person classes are limited to 5 – 10 kids. Programs run in eight-week sessions throughout the school year, 4 pm to 5:30 pm.
Fall Session 2023
$ 280 CAD
Join the Science Riot Grrls for an action-packed after school fall session, exploring Earth Science through captivating activities! From studying the atmosphere and layers of our planet to creating density rainbows, collecting leaves and bark, and breaking geodes to reveal sparkling crystals, this hands-on journey promises an unforgettable adventure of discovery and wonder. Nurture your green thumbs as we build terrariums, learning about the delicate balance between plants, soil, and the atmosphere in these self-sustaining habitats. Don’t miss out on this extraordinary experience of exploration, experimentation, and appreciation for the wonders of our planet!
- Monday Classes Sept 11 – Nov 6th (No Class Oct 9)
- Tuesday Classes Sept 12 – Nov 7th (No Class Oct 10)
- Wednesday Classes Sept 13 – Nov 8th (No Class Oct 11)
Winter Session 2024
Join us for an engaging and unforgettable experience that unlocks the secrets of neuroscience! Through interactive and hands-on activities, we’ll explore the fascinating realms of sensations, reflexes, and memory. Starting with crafting clay models of the brain and neurons , gaining a deeper understanding of its complex structures. Test our depth perception by constructing an infinity mirror, delving into how our brain interprets the world through perception. Create afterimage art, unraveling how our brain processes visual information even after the stimulus is gone.
- Monday Classes Jan 8 – March 4 ( No classes Feb 19)
- Tuesday Classes Jan 9 – March 5 ( No classes Feb 20)
- Wednesday Classes Jan 10 – March 6 ( No classes Feb 21)
Spring Session 2024
Collaborate in groups of three and embark on a hands-on adventure, creating your very own Arduino circuits. Learn block coding, to explore the world of electronics, hone your problem-solving skills, and unleash their boundless creativity to bring your imaginative projects to life. Join us for an unforgettable experience that nurtures innovation and empowers the next generation of inventors!
- Monday Classes April 8 – June 3rd (No Class April 22)
- Tuesday Classes April 9 – June 4th (No Class April 23)
- Wednesday Classes April 10 – June 5 (No Class April 24)
Sign up for all three sessions and save!