To protect the health and safety of our staff, children, and families, we require that parents complete this additional procedure and waiver form for all Science Riot Grrls – SRG programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
PLEASE READ AND SELECT AGREE AT CHECK OUT:
- I understand that during this COVID-19 Public Health Emergency I will not be permitted to enter the premises beyond a designated drop-off and pick-up area. I understand that this is for the safety of all persons present in the facility and to limit to the extent possible everyone’s risk of exposure.
- I understand that IF there is an emergency requiring me to enter the facility beyond the designated drop-off and pick-up area, I MUST wash or sanitise my hands before entering and wear a mask. While in the facility I must practice social distancing and remain 6ft from all other people, except for my own child.
- I understand that physical distancing for children in this age group cannot always be guaranteed. We will practice physical distancing as best as can be maintained during programming.
- I understand that to enter the program premises my child as well as all occupants of our household must be free from COVID-19 symptoms (see list below) and must not have been in known contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid19 in the past 14 days. My child also must not exhibit any of the following symptoms.
- Fever of 37.6°C or higher
- Dry cough
- Shortness of Breath
- Chills o Shaking with Chills
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore Throat o Muscle aches
- I understand that my child’s temperature may be taken at the start of every program.
- If, during the program my child exhibits any of the symptoms listed above, I will be contacted, and my child MUST be picked up from the facility within 30 minutes of being notified. (We understand that many of these symptoms may not be related to non-COVID-19, but we must proceed with an abundance of caution. Your child will need to be symptom free without any medications for 72 hours before returning to the program).
- I understand that all children will be required to wash their hands using recommended hand washing procedures at the start of the program, during a program break and at the end of the program. If handwashing facilities are not available, parents are required to provide hand sanitizer. Alternatively, a parent can provide hand wipes, which will be kept with your child’s water bottle.
- I will immediately notify SRG if I become aware of any person with whom my child or I have physical contact, is advised to self-isolate, quarantine, or has tested positive, or is presumed positive for COVID-19.
- I understand that my child will be in contact with other children and SRG employees who are also at risk of community exposure. I understand that no list of restrictions, guidelines or practices will remove 100% of the risk of exposure to COVID-19 as the virus can be transmitted by persons who are asymptomatic and before some people show signs of infection. I understand that I play a crucial role in keeping everyone safe and reducing the risk of exposure by following the practices prescribed by Government authorities and practices outlined herein.
I assume all risks associated with my child participating in a SRG program and hereby release SRG, their teachers, employees, officers, directors, shareholders and authorized agents from all claims, losses, demands, causes of legal actions, suits or legal proceedings arising from exposure to COVID-19. This waiver is in addition to and does not replace any other SRG waivers. I certify that I have read and agree to comply with the above provisions.