Summer Camp Facilitators 2018!
Science Riot Grrls Summer Camps serves campers ages 6-12 in Midtown Toronto.
We offer four sessions throughout the summer and host 10-12 campers per session. Camp sessions teach life skills, self-confidence, trust, and teamwork while providing hands-on learning through scientific experiments and engineering activities.
If you have experience working with kids or like to volunteer in the community, this may be the perfect part-time job for you. This is great job experience for careers in teaching and education. If you are not a science student, not a problem. But we need individuals who know and can explain basic scientific principals.
Facilitators need availability Monday through Friday from 11am-5pm.
July 9th – August 3rd.
Facilitators are the primary caregivers for each camper. They are responsible for coordinating and carrying out activities and guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills.
- 16 years or older
- High School students studying STEM subjects, that have had experience working with kids and small groups
- Prior camp experience an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- A demonstrated passion for working with children
- The ability to collaborate and contribute as a team player
- A proven professional approach and work ethic
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is a condition of employment an application will be provided to you in your interview.
- Have a passion for supporting and building resilience for girls who are interested in STEM
Currently Studying Science
- Interest or participation in a school or regional Science Fair
- Familiarity with the barriers faced by women pursuing STEM education or careers
If you believe that a fun, innovative environment is the perfect fit for you, please submit your resume along with a cover letter.
Apply now! Complete the form and attach your resume below.