Acids and Bases – Introducing the pH scale
Have you ever thought to yourself, ‘How does toothpaste work‘ or ‘What did people do before toothpaste‘?
No? Well, we have. A lot. Which is why we’ve put together this week’s lab. Together we’ll be testing common house hold items, like toothpaste using pH paper. The results might surprise you!
Let’s get ready for this week’s lab!
- Rubbing Alcohol to stir your turmeric into
- Collect items in your home to that you would like to test. Below are some suggestions.
- Lemon juice or other fruit juices
- Liquid soap, like dish soap or hand soap
- Small containers or cups to put your items into.
- Universal pH paper indicator
- Turmeric powder
- Popsicle sticks
Materials are ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon at 1pm.